Saturday, March 31, 2012

Family Visit - Part 1

My mom, Adrien and Meghan came to visit me this past week. It was truly an amazing week and many memories were made. We spent last weekend in Santorini - literally heaven on earth. We spend most of our days walking around the small towns of Fira and Oia and relaxing on our balcony overlooking the sea. Words cannot describe how relaxing and beautiful Santorini is. I already know that i'll have to go back someday.
The rest of the week we spent in Athens. We did a lot of the touristy stuff - the Acropolis, the Acropolis Museum, the ancient Agora, the National Archaeological Museum, and we climbed up the Lycabettus hill. We also spent a day in Delphi. It takes 3 hours by bus to get there but it was definitely worth it. It's placed high up in the mountains and the views are incredible. I miss them all already but it's crazy to think that in 2 months i'll be back home in St.Charles!

I leave for Italy Friday for my spring break. I'll be there for 10 days visiting Milan, Venice, Florence, Pisa and Rome! I CANNOT wait to fully experience Italy (and eat pizza, pasta and gelato of course)!

Enjoy the pictures :) 











No comments:

Post a Comment